If you want to enjoy the benefits of living in a tight-knit community, being a good neighbor is a great place to start! Maintain positive and lasting relationships with your neighbors with these easy tips:
- Welcome a new neighbor with a personal note or pop by for a personal introduction.
- Be mindful of noise (loud music, barking dogs, power tools) that may disrupt the neighborhood beyond a reasonable hour.
- If you host a party, be considerate of your neighbors when directing your guests to park and end the party at a reasonable hour. You can also invite your neighbors to join in the fun.
- Return anything you borrow from your neighbor promptly, in the same condition that they lent it to you. Express your gratitude for their assistance.
- Replace any neighbor’s property that you, your children, or your pets break or disturb.
- Respect your neighbor’s privacy.
- Offer to take care of your neighbor’s mail, plants, or pets while they are on vacation.
- Be social! Invite your neighbors over for coffee, a conversation, or a meal. You can also meet up at Paddock Pointe’s 1/ST Saturdays “Happiest of Hours” at the Maryland Jockey Club from 12 pm – 4 pm for discounted drinks and food on race days. For more information, visit our Facebook page. There are so many ways to create a sense of community; the connections start with you!
Do you have the best neighbors? Post a picture and tag us @PaddockPointe!